5 Question Monday
Q&A with Megan Jean Sovern
The wonderful author of The Meaning of Maggie talks eggs, the Goonies and time travel. Don’t say we’re not good to you!
1. How do you like your eggs in the morning?
I like my eggs in the form of a cinnamon roll with a strong cup of joe.
2. What’s your favourite joke?
Nature’s biggest joke: the platypus. They’re hilarious.
3. What film character are you most like?
Mikey from The Goonies. But I hope I grow up to be more like Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride.
4. What is the first book you ever read?
Amelia Bedila. It’s still one of my favorites. She dressed a turkey! Amazing!
5. Would you rather go way back in time and meet your ancestors (pre-1800s) or go way into the future and meet your great grandchildren (post 2200)?
Way back in time. I’m very pale and I like assorted porridges and I enjoy writing letters by candlelight. I think I would have more in common with my Victorian era ancestors. Plus everyone wears a lot of neon way in the future. And I look terrible in neon.
Thanks Megan! We think you would look great in neon and we don’t go around saying that about just anyone….
Find out more about The Meaning of Maggie, including the book trailer visit our website!